To turn on the Motion Sensor you should remove the back panel, open the battery cover and pull out the insulating strip. After that, the LED on its body will blink. The Sensor is considered to be switched on.
The Motion Sensor cannot operate autonomously, which means it is not capable to giving away a sound signal upon motion detection.
To check operation of the Smoke Sensor, it is necessary to press the Test Button in order for the signal to be emitted.
Yes, the Smoke Sensor can be operated autonomously (without connecting to the Control Gateway). But in order to receive notifications on a smartphone, it is necessary to connect it to the Control Gateway first.
To switch on the Sensor, it is necessary to remove the back panel and pull out the battery insulating strip. After that, the LED under its casing will blink.
The Door & Window Sensor cannot operate autonomously, which means it is not capable to giving away a sound signal upon the door or window opening.
Possible reasons are as follows:
- The Control Gateway is not activated in the Perenio Smart Mobile App or is not connected to the power supply;
- The Sensor is already connected to another Control Gateway;
- The Sensor battery level is too low;
- The Sensor is located at a distance of more than 4.5 meters from the Control Gateway;
- The Control Gateway is not connected to the network: Check the power supply;
- A third-party sensor is connected that does not support a valid ZigBee Protocol.
Yes, the Leak Sensor can be operated autonomously (without connecting to the Control Gateway) and send light and sound alarms in the case of actuation. But in order to receive notifications on a smartphone, it is necessary to connect it to the Control Gateway first.
You should close contacts at the casing bottom, e.g. by touching both detectors with your fingers. If you hear a sound signal it means that the Leak Sensor is ready for operation. For details, see the manual available for downloading on our website.
After the device is powered on, the power LED will light up, and a corresponding access point of this CG (containing its ID) will be displayed in the list of available networks in Wi-Fi Settings of your smartphone.
The reasons may be as follows:
- Wi-Fi Network is of 5.0 GHz only (2.4 GHz network is required to connect the CG).
Solution: Change Wi-Fi router settings;
- Weak Wi-Fi signal from the router, or the CG is too far from it.
Solution: Locate the device closer to the router or restart it;
- Failure to transfer data of your Wi-Fi Network to the Control Gateway.
Solution: During connection of the CG, switch off the function of mobile data transfer;
- Lack of the Control Gateway access point in the list of available Wi-Fi Networks.
Solution: Reset the CG to factory settings (See the manual).
The Control Gateway can be connected to a Wi-Fi network of 2.4 GHz only. However, Wi-Fi routers of most manufacturers support both frequencies (2.4 and 5.0 GHz) now, so if your Wi-Fi network is set to 5.0 GHz only, you should add an access point with a frequency of 2.4 GHz and the CG will connect.